As school starts back, I am always thinking about ways to lighten my load (and avoid more pinched nerves in my back!) and enlighten my students.
This year, my teacher bag will be include several items that I didn’t even know about last year:
- My iPad: For the camera, for the apps and for my shoulder, which appreciates how much lighter it is than a laptop.
- Skitch: an app used to annotate photos and documents with different colors and arrows that point out important aspects. Easy to use and ever useful!
- ScribblePress: an app that allows students to create e-books written and illustrated by themselves; it also has templates that are fantastic when working with ESOL students
- My iPad adapter: No projector ever has a Mac adapter. If you are a Mac-y, then you have to travel with your own adapter.
- My Timbuk2 messenger bag: I’ve never had a teacher bag that has held up as well as a Timbuk2. We will be together for life.