I had just finished my first cup of coffee when it dawned on me. Leo was going to have to go to Sunday School. Leonardo Speedy Harrelson is our 6 week old African Tortoise who joined the Harrelson Pack over Christmas. Leo is a great pet as his bobbing head, burrowing, and love of kale […]
I remember standing in the cereal aisle of the grocery store. It was one of those rare occasions when either we had worn my mom down enough or the sale was good enough that we were able to get the mini boxes of cereal for our morning breakfast. As my younger brother and I stood […]
One of the things I hoped for when I graduated from seminary in May was some more time. Time to rest. Time to read. Time to reconcile relationships. The intensity of completing a 90+ hour degree in three years made it impossible not to strain relationships, not only because I was changing professions and my […]
Willie and I found out yesterday that our friend Mr. Joe passed away. It’s interesting to me that I found this out the same day that Willie mysteriously stopped eating. Now, I know what you are going to say about the subtext of that statement, but what if there is some way that he knew […]
I always knew that teaching would creep back into my life more fully once I graduated school, but I can’t say I anticipated teaching ESL, especially high school ESL. Now that the essays are graded and the grades are turned in, I have to admit that I’m sad my Monday afternoons won’t be filled with […]
Although I have been safely nestled into a welcoming and affirming congregation for over a year now, there are still many times I encounter people and situations in which I feel like an outsider because I am a woman preacher. This past week I had a conversation with someone who explained to me that couple […]
I grew up in a baptist church, and I can remember having revivals, not every year, but every couple of years. These revivals were not times for people to come back to the church and catch up with each other, but a time for the church to reignite their faith and mission to the gospel. […]
Last Thursday, Willie had three therapy dogs visits! He went the nursing home as usual. It’s great that more and more of the residents are recognizing us and looking forward to our visits! He also checked in on the people who are in the same office building as our church, including the mail lady. Willie […]
A year ago today, Emmanuel Baptist Fellowship was celebrating its 10 year anniversary and as we gathered around lots of good food, we also celebrated my ordination. For my ordination to be a part of Advent will always be special because I spent a lot of time waiting and wondering, hoping there would be a […]
I just clicked the validate button on 50,000 words I wrote during the month of November joining scores of other amazing people who do this crazy self-challenge every year. As a newbie, I was overwhelmed by the support and encouragement express to someone who had never participated before. I was also especially grateful for […]
I am serving as the Pastor at Emmanuel Baptist Fellowship. I am overwhelmed at the encouragement and belief this community has in changing the world. I am excited to journey with them!
- I am changed. August 18, 2011
- Teacher Contractors November 3, 2011
- Christianity Isn’t Target Practice July 29, 2011
- Merianna’s Search for Meaning July 19, 2011
- Connecting via Social Media May 19, 2012
- Leo Goes to Sunday School January 15, 2015
- “I don’t know if you’re religious or not…” January 13, 2015
- Reconciliation and Rest January 2, 2015
- Therapy Thursday: Saying Goodbye December 30, 2014
- A Semester of ESL December 17, 2014
- bankruptcy forms: bankruptcy gambling bankruptcy discharged...
- chapter 11 bankruptcy definition: bankruptcy for student loans bankruptcy attorneys...
- ThinkingOutLoud 24: Pantsing It | Thinking.FM: […] Challenge Accepted by Merianna […]...
- Challenge Accepted | Merianna Neely Harrelson: […] I issued a challenge to Elisabeth in the...
- Back to Seminary: […] and impressed me beyond words with her d...