I always knew that teaching would creep back into my life more fully once I graduated school, but I can’t say I anticipated teaching ESL, especially high school ESL. Now that the essays are graded and the grades are turned in, I have to admit that I’m sad my Monday afternoons won’t be filled with […]
Although I have been safely nestled into a welcoming and affirming congregation for over a year now, there are still many times I encounter people and situations in which I feel like an outsider because I am a woman preacher. This past week I had a conversation with someone who explained to me that couple […]
I grew up in a baptist church, and I can remember having revivals, not every year, but every couple of years. These revivals were not times for people to come back to the church and catch up with each other, but a time for the church to reignite their faith and mission to the gospel. […]
Last Thursday, Willie had three therapy dogs visits! He went the nursing home as usual. It’s great that more and more of the residents are recognizing us and looking forward to our visits! He also checked in on the people who are in the same office building as our church, including the mail lady. Willie […]
A year ago today, Emmanuel Baptist Fellowship was celebrating its 10 year anniversary and as we gathered around lots of good food, we also celebrated my ordination. For my ordination to be a part of Advent will always be special because I spent a lot of time waiting and wondering, hoping there would be a […]
I just clicked the validate button on 50,000 words I wrote during the month of November joining scores of other amazing people who do this crazy self-challenge every year. As a newbie, I was overwhelmed by the support and encouragement express to someone who had never participated before. I was also especially grateful for […]
This morning as part of my day as a substitute, I was privileged to hear comments from students about the importance of finding your passion and hoping that one day that passion can turn into your job or at least offer you joy in your life. It was a great reminder whether you were a […]
May God bless you with a restless discomfort about easy answers, half-truths, and superficial relationships, so that you may seek truth boldly and love deep within your heart. May God bless you with holy anger at injustice, oppression, and exploitation of people, so that you may tirelessly work for justice, freedom, and peace among all […]
As I sat watching the girls play in the Chick-fil-A play center searching desperately in my purse for my headphones amidst the discarded princess crown that “just wasn’t staying on” at Boo at the Zoo and empty candy wrappers, I realized that when my husband and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary last weekend it […]
When I played field hockey in high school, my job was to carry the ball down the field as the right wing and at the last minute cross the ball right in front of the goal so that the center could take a shot on goal. The person who was playing the left wing would […]
I am serving as the Pastor at Emmanuel Baptist Fellowship. I am overwhelmed at the encouragement and belief this community has in changing the world. I am excited to journey with them!
- I am changed. August 18, 2011
- Teacher Contractors November 3, 2011
- Christianity Isn’t Target Practice July 29, 2011
- Merianna’s Search for Meaning July 19, 2011
- What Happens When Teachers Can’t Keep Up? January 11, 2012
- A Semester of ESL December 17, 2014
- He Doesn’t Believe in Women Ministers December 16, 2014
- Homecoming December 15, 2014
- Therapy Thursday: Share the Joy December 8, 2014
- On Being Ordained 1 Year December 7, 2014
- bankruptcy forms: bankruptcy gambling bankruptcy discharged...
- chapter 11 bankruptcy definition: bankruptcy for student loans bankruptcy attorneys...
- ThinkingOutLoud 24: Pantsing It | Thinking.FM: […] Challenge Accepted by Merianna […]...
- Challenge Accepted | Merianna Neely Harrelson: […] I issued a challenge to Elisabeth in the...
- Back to Seminary: […] and impressed me beyond words with her d...