As we start out, I marvel at the neighborhood waking up. Cars starting. Seat belts fastening. Heels clicking. I wonder what they are going to do. They are going to work, certainly but what is work for each of them. A place to wear heels, bring coffee in tumblers, bags full of work stuff. Do […]
1. Bi-vocational ministry is not a new concept. The discussions about the reference Paul makes in his writing to being a tentmaker circulating in seminary classrooms and churches are becoming more frequent. Perhaps, this is because churches and seminaries can see the writing on the wall that the churches we have established that look an […]
So, thankful for the partnership of the Academy of Young Preachers and CBF National to provide this opportunity for young preachers.
This week Willie’s sisters came with him while he went to work. The first thing Mr. Joe asked was if he could have a hug and both girls complied. His face lit up with a smile. Although he can’t see completely, he could tell that they were young. We told him that after our visit […]
I know we progressive Christians aren’t all about cleansing rituals, but the two waves of thunderstorms that rolled through Columbia yesterday made me wish for my days in Germany when you would be stuck in the rain without an umbrella waiting on the bus inevitably at the one bus stop that had a cracked roof […]
Willie and I went back to see Mr. Joe today. Today, he told us about his service in the military, and he told us the story of the 5 Sullivan brothers who were all serving on the same ship when it was attacked by a Japanese sub. He told us that was why […]
So, I issued a challenge to Elisabeth in the middle of June to write her novel this summer. I promised her I would write, too, and that I would even call my writing a book project. Little did I know that Elisabeth knows a lot more about writing groups and writing books than I do! […]
I hope for a moment that they both understand what they’re doing and what they’re proving. I want to tell them, but I realize that all I do is deliver the message. I don’t decipher it or make sense of it for them. They need to do that themselves. I can only hope they’re capable […]
A recent ABP article, discussed how women ministers are being received in the moderate baptist world and there is some good news: Opportunities to lead churches are increasing for women in Cooperative Baptist life, but not fast enough to stop the loss of qualified female ministers from the Fellowship, a panel of ministers said during the […]
I’ve only visited one of these 17 Bookstores, and it certainly inspires me to book a bookstore trip tour. More than that, though, it makes me wonder what’s in a bookstore like these independent bookstores that inspires people towards quick reflection and silent browsing? I have to wonder if it’s not the same emotion that leaves […]
I am serving as the Pastor at Emmanuel Baptist Fellowship. I am overwhelmed at the encouragement and belief this community has in changing the world. I am excited to journey with them!
- I am changed. August 18, 2011
- Teacher Contractors November 3, 2011
- Christianity Isn’t Target Practice July 29, 2011
- Connecting via Social Media May 19, 2012
- Merianna’s Search for Meaning July 19, 2011
- Running Wonderings July 16, 2014
- 5 Things About Bi-Vocational Ministry You Might Not Know July 15, 2014
- Academy of Young Preachers July 14, 2014
- Therapy Thursday: A Hug and A Smile July 11, 2014
- A Divine Cleansing July 11, 2014
- title loan: Equity Auto Loan Savannah Ga Auto Equity Loan Az...
- bankruptcy information: bankruptcy filings bankruptcy dismissed...
- ThinkingOutLoud 24: Pantsing It | Thinking.FM: […] Challenge Accepted by Merianna […]...
- Challenge Accepted | Merianna Neely Harrelson: […] I issued a challenge to Elisabeth in the...
- malware removal: remove virus that plays audio in background remov...